F150 cng light turns of after 5 seconds- dtc p1640,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F150 cng light turns of after 5 seconds- dtc p1640,

I work at a CNG Auto dealership in Tulsa, I do a lot of CNG work but i have a new problem, 2001 f150 bi fuel - fuel switch light goes out in 5 seconds, service eng light is p1640 dtc. so I took compuvalve and put it in a different f150 an it worked fine,I put it back in the original truck and on first start worked great on cng, shut it off and on re-start it goes out in 5 seconds, all is well on gas. P1640 seems to have a few meanings depending on what you read or who you talk to. Has anyone had this problem and a guess of where to look? HELP!! Thanks, ** tank is full, switch circuit board and fuses are good, tank valve working fine. .........

Re: F150 cng light turns of after 5 seconds- dtc p1640,

No replies to my post, whats up do I have coodies? This site is hard to work with, why does it restrict me constantly and is so difficult to use?

Comment

The Ford guy ( cnghal ) has not checked in for awhile . Everyone else seems to run when the word compuvalve comes up.

Comment

Well they arnt that scary Any how this turned out to be a damaged wire in the main compu valve plug, it would set off p1640 All fixed, billed out and paid

Comment

I think the compuvalve is very scary. Not scary in regard to safety but scary that one will go out on you and your out of luck - can't easily get them and very expensive when you do find them. Just an opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X