02 f150 bifuel - fill connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 f150 bifuel - fill connector

The fill connector on my 02 F-150 has developed a leak. I can hear gas faintly hissing out after each fill-up. This started wednesday and repeated yesterday and this morning. The dust cap seems sufficient to stop the leak, or at least subdue it greatly. I don't see a noticeable decrease in amount of gas overnight, so it's not a bad leak, but any leak is bad

The local Ford Dealer wants over $600 to replace, which I think is robbery. So.. is this a task that an average mechanically inclined person can undertake? What about pressure in the tank, do I need to let it run out of CNG first?

What about availability of the part? Is there someplace online where I could purchase the part, or do I have to get it through the dealer? They are saying $350 just for the part, which seems like they are trying to take advantage of a captive market.

Thanks for any advice/info.

Re: 02 f150 bifuel - fill connector

http://www.westechequipment.com/OPW-...productId=7076 . Never bought from them, so call first before sending money.

Comment

I have them in stock with the bulk head nut and a Alock 1/4 end. I thing like $175.00. Will need to check my last order. You can take them apart to and clean the Oring inside ot it blow out the oring.

Bob Mann

Comment

Re: F150 fill receptacle.
        How long does your fill receptacle continue leaking after a fill? A few minutes? It may need replacing or there may be debris keeping it from sealing up tight. The dust cap will keep nothing in. The link you received is for an OPW part which is good stuff (and may be whet's on there now). There is a second check valve between the fill receptacle and the cylinder and that is the reason your cylinder does not continue to empty. Since the work you are considering is on the high pressure side of the system, I strongly recommend you bring it to a technician that is trained and experienced with CNG. But It definitely doesn't need to be done at the Ford dealer.
        Best of luck

Comment

I had a similar problem with my 01 Ford Bi fuel, only mine was leaking profusely. I switched over to gasoline and after a few minutes the leak stopped. I drove home on gasoline and removed the fill valve, put it on a vise and took it apart. The o ring that the bullet seats on had dislodged from its normal position and was preventing the bullet from seating at all. I put in an o ring from a spare fill valve and have not had any more issues. I'm sure there is a person or place where the proper new o rings can be purchased. In any case only take on this type of project if you have confidence in your abilities and preferably with an almost empty tank. Joe

Comment

Got one from a 99 Ford Van. Worked well when removed. Got a picture or part number? Mine came off a van that had about four years of use on it before it was hit in the side and the body work was too much to fix. I accept cash, gift cards, or good liquor. No refunds - wife says that once it leaves the garage it can't come back. Let me know.

Comment

Working...
            X