• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the range on a 2001 Dodge 3500 Passenger CNG only van

How far can I go between fill ups
    How much cng does it hold?

Thanks.

Re: what is the range on a 2001 Dodge 3500 Passenger CNG only van

I don't know the capacity but from looking at them, it should be pretty high. Remember to check the tank service dates because replacing the tanks will cost more then the van is worth in a couple of years. With a bi-fuel, at least you can scrap the tanks and still have a usable (although gasoline fueled) van. My '01 Chevy van dies as a CNG vehicle in 2016 but can still soldier on.

Comment

Originally posted by Deshet View Post
      How far can I go between fill ups
      How much cng does it hold?

Thanks.
      FWIW.............. http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/pdfs...ar2001afvs.pdf

Comment

thanks for the link.
        Does anyone have real world numbers for this VAN.
        I am really looking to find out the max range between fill ups.
        I am also looking for the amount it holds doing a fast fill.

Thanks

Comment

I have a 2000 2500 Dodge CNG van and with the standard tanks I get between 200 and 250 miles per fill.

The most I have ever put is was just over 13 gallons.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by greatken85053 View Post
            I have a 2000 2500 Dodge CNG van and with the standard tanks I get between 200 and 250 miles per fill.

The most I have ever put is was just over 13 gallons.

Ken
            is the 13 gallons using a fast option. Have you been happy with the VAN? Any major problems or heartaches?

Thanks

Comment

13 Gallons is with fast fill. I love the van. My wife says I love it more than her. I have had no CNG related problems. I did put in a new transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by greatken85053 View Post
                13 Gallons is with fast fill. I love the van. My wife says I love it more than her. I have had no CNG related problems. I did put in a new transmission.

After 200 miles and you will be pushing it.

Comment

How do I know if I have standard tanks? My van has 4 fuel tanks. I had about a 1/4 tank of cng in the van and put about 12 gallons in it.

I have two long tanks on drivers side and two small tanks in back. This is a 15 pass VAN.

Thanks,

Comment

Your van is 30 inches longer than my 8 passenger I think you will have about 14-15 gallons from empty had mine 3 years 60000 miles so far I have not run out of fuel. We only go about 160 my tanks the long one are shorter than the none in your van . My ATT van goes about 230 and I have filled it 15.5 gallons max never run out yet nut it has an axuilary gauge under you can see exact pressure. Wish my personal van had one I always wonder if my gauge is miss calibrated. And Im filling up to often

Comment

Working...
                    X