Fiat Chrysler to Extend CNG Ram 2500 Range

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiat Chrysler to Extend CNG Ram 2500 Range

Fiat Chrysler to Extend CNG Ram 2500 Range Late 2015March 6, 2015 | USA, Detroit MI

2012 Ram 2500 CNG pickup
    Fiat Chrysler has decided to expand the range of configurations for its Ram compressed natural gas (CNG) powered pickup truck, from late 2015. David Elshoff of Ram Truck Media Relations explained to NGV Global the range will be quadrupled to give fleet buyers more options. Currently, Ram offers only the Ram 2500 pickup with crew cab and four-wheel-drive as a CNG-powered truck. Later this year, buyers will also be able to select regular cab and two-wheel-drive versions. Read more ยป
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_4586_1441434431016_578[/ATTACH]

Re: Fiat Chrysler to Extend CNG Ram 2500 Range

Where are they going to put 4 times the tanks. The tanks already take up 3 ft if the bed. I look forward to the extra capacity!!!!! Love my 2012 ram over 70,000 miles

Comment

they need to go with a 21x60 (21gge) or 26x60 (31.5gge) type 3 or 4 tanks, the current layout was a dealbreaker for me ...ended up buying a chevy 2500 HD bi-fuel instead
      Last edited by trdscfjc; 03-23-2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

it looks like to me they are expanding the range of configurations the truck is available in , not the fuel mileage range

Comment

Originally posted by nascrawler View Post
          it looks like to me they are expanding the range of configurations the truck is available in , not the fuel mileage range

Yea, big mistake imo

Comment

The changes are in response to fleet customers, (99% of the buyers of these vehicles IMO) retail customer wants/needs are not even on the radar.

Comment

Working...
            X