Hey gang, CNGchat needs your help!

For over a decade we have enjoyed providing this little corner of the Internet for folks to discuss all things natural gas vehicles. It is the largest forum of its kind: with some 70,000 posts on over 11,000 topics. But with continued low gasoline & diesel prices and strong automaker support for electric vehicles, consumer interest in CNG has dropped considerably, and with it has visitor traffic here. As a result, Google ad revenues no longer cover hosting fees.

If you find CNGchat to be a useful resource then please consider making a modest donation to support keeping this remarkable pool of knowledge available to the alternative fuels community. Thanks!

See more
See less

2002 Ram Van with no Injector pulse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Ram Van with no Injector pulse

My 2002 dodge ram van 5.2L dedicated CNG van is getting no pulse to injectors. I have changed the crank sensor with no change.
    Is there a way to test the PCM / ECM? I'd sure hate to go to the great expense of replacing the PCM not knowing if that'll fix it. (if I could even find one!)
    any suggestions? dav

Re: 2002 Ram Van with no Injector pulse

I would start out looking for simple first check and clean and grease all plugs check fuses with a tester as some times they look good when they aint. look for a bald wire rubbing the block or a broken one that is cheap before you start spending money

There may be a separate injector driver module in between the PCM and the injectors that is not working.
      Last edited by hypermilinggx; 08-22-2014, 09:04 PM.

I have the same problem (no injector pulse -- so my mechanic tells me) on my Caravan 3.3 liter engine. At the time of this complete failure it gave a code 43 for the ignition coil circuit while cruising on the freeway. This was after intermittent missing and dying problems months apart with no codes and spontaneous recovery after turning the car off then back on. Coil, PCM and fuel injector driver were replaced with known good -- no change. Injector wiring also replaced as the insulation was cracked open in many areas. I'm wondering if there are there sensors or other items to check that would shut off the injectors (though it seems weird that the code was for ignition and the ignition seems fine now). Apparently the fuel injector driver is an extra part in the CNG car not used in the gasoline version.