Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEAUTIFUL Site . . . Whole row of Dodge bi-fuel pickups at Oklahoma dealership !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEAUTIFUL Site . . . Whole row of Dodge bi-fuel pickups at Oklahoma dealership !!

Drove through stretch of Oklahoma that is BUSTING with CNG activity. . . . the El Reno, OK small town had Dodge dealership with a WHOLE ROW of bi-fuel Dodge pickups out front . . . BEAUTIFUL Site !!

There were white pickups, blue pickups, and even red pickups !! Must have been 30 of them - - all bi-fuel Dodge on front row of the dealership !! Also had big banner out front advertisng that they have CNG trucks !!

Also filled at the El Reno, OK public cng that was excellent Greenfield dispenser and compressor that provided a full fill on a 96 degree hot day. Can't beat price either at $1.29/gge !! Nice Greenfield 2 hose dispenser (both 3,600 psi) under a canopy and Greenfield compressor behind the fence with triple tube for cng storage.

Had to wait at the El Reno pump while 2 pickup trucks were filling up with CNG. Also saw a bunch of cng pickups while driving.

Oklahoma is definitely the hot spot for CNG !!

Re: BEAUTIFUL Site . . . Whole row of Dodge bi-fuel pickups at Oklahoma dealership !!

Whole lot of talk but no pictures of the red trucks, tis sad.

Comment

Re: BEAUTIFUL Site . . . Whole row of Dodge bi-fuel pickups at Oklahoma dealership !!

I guess no pictures because cng cars, pickups, suvs and others in OK are "normal" as well as very "normal" to meet people at cng statons or wait in line to fill up. I happened to me to wait more that 1h because bus driving to Las Vegas was there. I have 2 2012 cicivc cng and it is so "normal" to fill up on the way to work or whatever I am going. As of picture is enclosed and many more are on cngnow. Sorry but red is not available, and I do not care about color but very happy that they are cng.
      IMG_2605.JPG

Comment

Sorry about no pics but was hustling that day driving 10 hours round trip to pick up machine in Weatherford. Re-fueled at public cng sites in Weatherford, El Reno, Enid, and Ponca City - - - gotta love CNG at $1/gge to $1.49/gge !!

El Reno, OK had the Dodge dealership (Frontier Motors) and below is their website and couple examples of cng truck pricing (bunch at same price and website also has Silver and Black cng trucks):
        http://www.frontiermotor.net/index.htm

White bi-Fuel 2012 Dodge RAM 2500 ST pickup (5.7 ltr Hemi, dual cab, long bed, 4x4, 35 gge cng tanks, 8 gal petrol gas tank) for $37,888
        http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=338698920

RED bi-fuel 2012 Dodge RAM 2500 ST pickup (5.7 ltr Hemi, dual cab, long bed, 4x4, 35 gge cng tanks, 8 gal petrol gas tank) for $37,888
        http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ngId=338868916
        Attached Files
        Last edited by KSneedsCNG; 09-09-2013, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Thank you
          This is nice, I never had much going for Chrysler until I rented a 300 sedan with a 3.7 engine I believe. It made a believer out of me.
          I think people are making a big mistake buying anything, unless they at least try this crop of pickups out.
          I had a big red Dodge PU blow me off the road the other day, I never did get close enough to figure out if it was CNG or not.
          I wonder what the mileage rating would be? Or if they offered it in the smaller engine?

Well I called & got my questions answered. Dodge offers it in one platform for now, just what you see.
          If they would come out with a different 2 wheeled drive shot bed version. The trailer pulling part-timers of the RV crowd in the West, would eat it up.
          A multi purpose family pickup for the ever growing smaller & smaller downtown parking slots.
          Last edited by Mingus108; 09-10-2013, 04:52 AM.

Comment

I bought this truck in November of 2013. New to this site and just want to say that I love the truck

Comment

Welcome to CNGchat NorthernIllionoisChuck!
              Enjoy the ride

Comment

So I have hade my 2012 dodge ram 2500 crew cab 4x4 5.7hemi Cng pickup for just over a year now. I have 62,000 miles on it with no problems thus far. I pull a 18 ft 10,000 lb trailer with it ALL the time (every day) with around 2000 to 6000lbs on it weighing at total of 18,000 lb frequently. I get 12 mph on Cng with the load I carry. Hard to tell exactly what kind of mileage gasoline would be as I only use very little gasoline when I run out of Cng a few miles before a Cng station comes up on my routes. Now I went from a ford power stroke to this and only got 12.5 mph with the same trailer and loads. I'd admit that I lost power but the hemi pulls just fine and I can maintain speed up any hill around. The diesel would be able to accelerate and pass going up hills if I blew some smoke. So I am very happy with the dodge. I believe I am on my 10 th tank of gasoline in the 60k miles this far that is good for around 4k miles on gasoline and leaves 58,000 miles cng. Now like I said I went from a diesel with diesel cost around $3.75 and cng at $1.99 that is a saving of $1.75 a gallon and if you do the math that is about $8,500 in savings. Now I know some people will say gasoline is cheaper and if you compare to gasoline prices at say a savings of $1.30 a gallon for most of this past year on average it is a savings of $6,200. I have driven a free brand new truck this past year.

Comment

Great to hear a good review of the truck. We had a 5.7L Hemi truck on our lot for a while and I was really impressed with the power.
                  www.CNGUtah.com

Comment

Working...
                  X