PDA

View Full Version : Maryland CNG bus fire video

John Mitton
09-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Pressure relief devices (PRDs) going off as they should, like a blow torch. No explosions, and fire seems to have not spread to other nearby vehicles. NFPA-52 by the book, very impressive.

http://www.thebravestonline.com/news.html?view=1&id=30416

larrycng
09-03-2010, 08:34 PM
This would make good training video, as far as operation of the PRD's are concerned.
Looks like the fire department needed a water tender trailer for the pumper. I would like to know the what the response time was, only for purposes of knowing how long the took to build to that point, and also for point origin.

Larrycng

BobBaldwin
09-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Looks like the fire was not CNG related. Was it? Curious what the fire would have been like had that been a diesel bus.

cngacrossusa
09-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Informational video on what cng tanks actually do under ultimate stress and PRD's work as they should. My question is . . . . how can there be such good video, but such slow and unprepared firefighters?? I've seen better response for a battery fire in car in WalMart parking lot. That was like putting a cup of water on a bonfire!!

Sure would like to know the cause . . . . pretty isolated area by first glance, and may be why firefighters didn't have access to enough water.

CNGfamily
06-14-2011, 08:12 AM
... I got "Server not found" error. I even changed my browser.
Please check the link again and if possible do share some article.
Any input will be appreciated.

Link seems to be current. It worked for me just a minute ago... maybe the site was down several hours ago?

cowboy
06-14-2011, 06:47 PM
just watched it link worked fine not like the fire dept looks like they had no clue shoud have saved the diesel and stayed at the fire house playing cards . shucks the bus was a loss anyhow it would have gone out in time LOL without the cost of the fire dept