PDA

View Full Version : Peddling lies on Craigslist?

desimundo
06-20-2010, 09:14 AM
http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/pts/1764041840.html

Amfuel
06-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Well 15 year limit on the older tanks and 20 on the new ones. He doesn't know the difference between an aluminum cover and steel either. He is either a fool or counting on meeting one.

Franz
06-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Not so fast. If this were a DOT pre-NGV-2 tank, it COULD be recertified forever. I tried to blow up the image of the label but it wasnt clear enough to read to verify if it were a DOT or an NGV-2. He was unclear about the type (a Type 2) and I have a problem seeing a 50" cylinder in the bed of a Ford Ranger, which is barely wider than 48". I dont think Ford did a CNG Ranger factory install (could be wrong though).

larrycng
06-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Good point Franz, I don't think Ford did and Factory Ranger either. I did a little research and the cylinder appears to be a CNG Cylinder Corp unit, and probably has a DOT E number on it. People can compair the picture from Craig list and one I had in my files. The only thing that needs to be known is the year of the "so callled factory Ranger" from which the cylinder came. If I am correct, Ford started making factory CNG vehicles in 1996. This would make it about ready to expire. Having read the DOT exemption for that cylinder (E-8725) and still have a copy some place, the cylinder has a 15 year life and then must be destroyed.

Larrycng

John Mitton
06-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Great points all.
I'm going to move this over to the Safety forum for easier reference.