PDA

View Full Version : Expired Tank Problem Solved !! Paint & eBay !!

nttrainer
09-24-2009, 12:30 PM
It looks like someone has come up with a "great" way to make money off of expired CNG tanks.
Take off the label, slap on a fresh coat of paint, and sell them on eBay.
Check out these eBay items (all from the same seller) :

200387211528 - Tank has a leak

Buyer beware...

CNGfamily
09-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Is it my imagination, or is the background to in the pictures some kind of plastic drop cloth (like you might have laying around after a fresh paint job)? :eek:

Highmarker
09-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Because the label is not visible (or torn off) there is only one way to "save" these tanks...

1. You have to know who manufactured the tanks.
2. The tank manufacture has to still be in business.
3. You have to be able to identify the serial number on the tank (sometimes the serial number is stamped on the neck of the port).
4. You have to contact the manufacturer and get a replacement label.

If you can not get a replacement label from the manufacturer then the tank(s) must be destroyed.

I wonder if the seller knows this:rolleyes:

TOMTGT
09-24-2009, 10:47 PM
I send ebay a email explaining how dangerous this is. Every one should do this. some day we are going to kill some one over Ebay tanks

CNGLO
09-25-2009, 12:16 AM
I sent this question to the seller:

Why are you selling tanks you know to be dangerous to the buyer and to the public? If a tank has no expiration date on it, it must be considered as expired. Your ebay username indicates that you should have more integrity than that. You should know that all of your tanks are listed on cngchat.com as of bad repute. Don't sully your name or reputation and endanger the public for a few bucks.

CNGLO
09-25-2009, 12:22 AM
I send ebay a email explaining how dangerous this is. Every one should do this. some day we are going to kill some one over Ebay tanks

Done. Easy to do on ebay.

CNGfamily
09-25-2009, 09:05 AM
I send ebay a email explaining how dangerous this is. Every one should do this. some day we are going to kill some one over Ebay tanks Must need to send an email to give them specifics... if you go the route: Help>Contact Us>Listing Violations ... there are no freeform sections to help them pull the listing: Listing Violation, Prohibited (Banned Item), Other Prohibited Item may not give them enough info

Anyway three of the four were still live when I just reported the remaining listing violations